This loaded question can send one's mind reeling for hours considering the year past and the new one to come. I will simply keep my thoughts here framed within the wargaming arena. This will spare you the tales of me not keeping my previous resolutions to lose weight and become a generally better person (missed on both of those targets, I'm sorry to report).
Highs: This year brought me within sight of finishing my 25mm/25mm Napoleonic French Army for General de Brigade and nearly ready to stage a version of the Lincoln County War, also in 28mm, using The Rules With No Name.
Lows: A string of really bad games has brought to light the fact that I may not be the best scenario designer in our club! I also failed to live up to the promise that I made to myself that I would have ALL of my 1914 French and Germans painted and in a game before the year was out. Fortunately, these things can be remedied with a bit of work...
I usually hesitate to put
1. Lose weight and become a better person - always a favorite list starter
2. Add 4 battalions of infantry and 6 sections of artillery to my Garde Imperiale so I can declare the Napoleonic French completed
3. Begin running the Lincoln County War by the end of March - paint a few buildings and that is a go
4. Stage a LARGE 15mm Pirates game
5. By steady effort, complete my 1914 collection
Looks like my pal Rex of Rex Painting Service will be a busy man this year!