Sunday, December 30, 2012

Closing out 2012

Wargaming thoughts on the year ending and the year upcoming...

Like most folks, I am taking a few moments to look back on 2012 and look forward to 2013. It is fairly easy for me to summarize 2012 in a word... "fast." This year, from a wargaming perspective, sped by so quickly. I never seemed to be able to find the time to get to all of my projects. Work was busy (thankfully!) and I found the time spent with my 3 year old daughter to be more fun than painting figures. I also realize that this situation isn't likely to change so I will simply scale back my goals and projects for the coming year. I still want to collect 10,000 to 20,000 figures to cover all of the historical gaming eras that I have an interest in, it just may take a bit longer to get them all on the table!!

Playing wargames is the most important thing to me now when I consider my hobby. If you had asked me what my favorite aspect of the hobby was just a few years ago it would have been painting. Now, with my time limited a bit more than in past years, I find the wargame itself to be the most enjoyable feature in wargaming. Nothing like gathering with your friends to play a friendly game and swap a few jokes!

I wish all of you good health, prosperity, and good luck (may you always pass that critical morale test!) in 2013!




Happy New Year!!








No comments:

Pictures