Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nephew wins again

General Alexander the Great

For those of you scoring at home it is now Alex 2 and Uncle ... never had a chance!
Never pick a fight with a craftier general! This obvious axiom was proven again today when my young nephew outfoxed me on another battlefield. His motley collection of WW2 Germans, Americans, 8th Army, and Imperial Japanese troops easily wiped out my inferior force of Civil War era Union Infantry and artillery. He began laying his trap by raiding my wargame closet to get a nice bit of earthworks to hide his soldiers in. I knew I was in trouble already...
When the battle was joined I quickly learned that this kid can roll the dice like nobody else can. He never misses and his men usually move twice as fast as my guys do. It looks like I am going to have to get rid of these fancy metal figures and go to a bag of Plastic Armymen if I want to have a chance.

No comments:

Pictures